Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rose is ONE!


It was so surreal today to see my Lilypie ticker wishing Rose a happy 1st birthday. It seems like just yesterday that I started the countdown to her arrival. I remember that it seemed like forever until she would be born. And today she is ONE!
Words cannot describe how much I love my little Rosebud. I think she is the most amazing person in the whole world! I adore everything she does, every little sound, motion, laugh, and cry. I love that I am usually the last person Rose sees before going to sleep for the night, and I am the first person she sees in the morning. I love that she is ticklish on her thighs. I love that she doesn't want to be away from me. I don't want to be away from her either! I love that she makes herself laugh in the car. I love that her favorite food is raspberries. I love the way she sucks her two fingers and rubs the silky part of her blankie on her cheek. I love that Rose still wants me to hold her bottles. I love that Rose still loves being rocked to sleep. I could go on and on forever.

I hope that Rose will continue to thrive and that she will love her little sister when she arrives in May. I pray that these two girls will be best friends. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for Rosebud...I know it will be a great year! Happy birthday to my precious angel and thanks for making us the happiest parents in the world!!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Don't they bring us so much indescribable joy!?! Happy Birthday sweet baby girl! Enjoy your cake :)

Patricia said...

Happy Birthday Rose!!!!

Sarah Beth said...

Rose! What a precious girl! I remember the day you were born like it was just yesterday :) I am so happy that you were born!

Natalie said...

aw jill - tears!!! as bennett would say:
i love LOVE you rose!!!

The Schwant Family said...

i really can't believe she is ONE either!!! that was a precious post, Jill! She is lucky to have you too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet baby!

Michelle Touchton said...

Happy 1st birthday Rose!

Summer, Justin, Blake, and Sutton said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY ROSE!!!