Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Angel

Rose, you are 1!!!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. It really seems like just yesterday that we were bringing you home from the hospital. I was so scared that I was going to do something wrong and I didn't want to be left alone with you at first! I quickly learned everything I needed to know about taking care of you with the help of your wonderful Grammy and Jannie. They spent lots of time with us, teaching me things like how to nurse you, burp you, swaddle you up tight, and how to bathe you! After a few days I felt more confident in my new role as your Mommy and I began to treasure our time alone! You were the sweetest and most beautiful baby I had ever seen. You hardly ever cried, ate great, and slept for a few hours at a time! You loved being held and I held you all the time! I never wanted to put you down. I loved holding you and watching you sleep. I couldn't believe that you were my baby! You seemed to beautiful and perfect to be real. But you were and you were mine!
Now you are learning to walk! What happened to my little baby??? You have changed from a snuggly little newborn into a busy little toddler! You love exploring every nook and cranny of our house and making huge messes. (Your messes are the only ones I don't mind cleaning up!)You love reading books, playing with baby dolls, playing with the spices in the pantry, taking baths, and eating all kinds of food. You love your Mommy and Daddy, and lucky for me, you still love to snuggle!!! I hope that you will always be as sweet and as beautiful as you are today. Mommy and Daddy love you more than anything in the world, Rosebud!!! We feel so lucky to be your parents.
Happy 1st birthday!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: