Monday, October 5, 2009

It's Ba-ack

Baby brain that is!!

After dropping my phone in the toilet this weekend and being stuck in Wal-Mart today (with a week's worth of groceries and a cranky, overly-tired, hungry baby) WITHOUT my wallett, I realize that it's back for sure.

I was just beginning to feel like I was getting it together but today I realize its all about to start again. Add 22 hours of morning sickness a day and you've know how I'm feeling these days. I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy (because I hope it will be the last one for a while!) but it's hard when I feel so yucky. I just keep reminding myself what Clark said one night when I was complaining. He said, "just remember you are growing a beautiful little baby just like Rosebud right now." That makes it all worth it!

Lessons learned:
1. If you drop your phone in the potty or any other liquid, take it apart, bury all parts in a tupperware of white rice, let it chill for a few days, and voila...you have a rejuvenated, perfect, wonderful phone that never knew it went for a swim a few days before.

2. When getting gas on the way to Wal-Mart, always put your wallet back in your Mary Poppin's sized diaper bag so you have it when you are ready to pay for groceries you just spent close to an hour picking out. Otherwise, the sweet check out lady will kindly place your entire ticket on "suspension," send your beloved groceries to Customer Service and you will sweat like a mad woman with embarrasment as you venture home go get your wallet. You will be pleasantly surprised to find your wallet in the car and not at home where you thought it was. Remember, you got gas on the way to the store!!???

3. When baby falls asleep the minute she hits the carseat, take full advantage of the nap to take a long, hot, relaxing bubble bath with a wonderful book you just can't stop reading. Nevermind that it is 1:00 and you have tons of chores to do. Remember that you are pregnant and you deserve some time to relax and enjoy being pregnant!!

2 comments:

e said...

Oh I REALLY relate!!! I promise it gets so much better once you are past this part (well, everything except the pregnant brain!) Once I started feeling well this pregnancy FLEW! Hang in there and keep up the bubble baths!

Kelly said...

hahaha! I am laughing out loud. I sooo forget those days, but honestly, do you ever get your brain back even after you have your baby? I still do stupid stuff constantly! Hope you are feeling better soon :)